Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feed Me's Escape From Electric Mountain

This month Feed Me, a.k.a. Spor a.k.a. Jon Gooch, released a new six-track EP on Mau5trap. I liked his previous output (under both aliases), so as usual I checked it out. It was mostly more of the same, especially when compared to his previous EP "To The Stars", but the first track "Trapdoor" featuring Hadouken (oops, I mean "Hadouken!") is a good, hard-hitting drumstep track, hinting at a return of Spor. The next track, "Relocation", starts off as a mau5y electronic song but near its end becomes a remix of the previously released "Blood Red". The most interesting track to me is the third, "One Click Head shot", with its cut-up vocals and quirky samples. The rest are OK, but all sound pretty similar. If you're into bro-step, then by all means get the whole EP, but otherwise tracks 1 and 3 are the only standouts. Now excuse me while I wait for that Spor album...

No comments:

Post a Comment