Saturday, December 3, 2011

VA 109 Work

On my previous trip, when coming back through Petersburg, I noticed that VA 109 was blocked off. On my way to and from work last week, I drove by the intersection again, once in each direction, to see what was going on. As it turns out, it's utility work. While eastbound US 460 Business in the area can access VA 109 as normal, westbound cannot. Here's my lone eastbound photo from 11/29/11, showing the VA 109 and US 460 trailblazers, which are actually closer to falling over than this photo's angle shows. The intersection itself is at the signal in the background.


The westbound photos are from 11/30/11. The intersection is far, far in the background. Here I was entering the initial "Road Work Ahead" area. I'm not sure what the covered diamond says. The VMS's message said "Utility Work / 11/29-12/1 / 6:30 PM-5:30 AM".


Another covered sign, a little closer to the intersection, which is still in the far background.


I'm surprised this sign wasn't covered over like the rest, especially since one can't turn right at the light right now. Even the trailblazer this direction had been removed.


Almost at the intersection, with another covered diamond and a no right turn sign. The trailblazer was right about where the man in the red shirt is in this picture.


Approaching the intersection.


As one can see, the pavement at the intersection has been torn up, making a right turn here next to impossible.


Although this isn't my normal route to work, I'll occasionally check this intersection out for updates and keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment